Gisela
Yesterday I was thinking that it had been awhile since we had done an outing as a family, and Erik has never been to the zoo...so off we went!


I must say, I love the Philadelphia Zoo. Did you know that it was America's First Zoo? I'm pretty sure it was the first zoo I went to, at least the first one I remember going to! Growing up in grade school we took many field trips there. And as an adult I still enjoy going and seeing all the animals. We have an annual membership (it pays for itself in two visits and is valid for a full year- TOTALLY worth it!) and since it is so close we get good use out of it.


So, in the morning Ken made us a picnic lunch (yup...gotta love when you can bring in your own food & drink...saves some money) and we stopped at WaWa for some drinks and chips and we were on our way. A gorgeous day...cool, but lots of sunshine which made it feel a lot warmer. On our way in I was asking Nicholas if he wanted to see monkeys, bears, lions, etc... He kept telling me, no- that they scared him. I have NO idea where that came from, because he's always loved animals. The only animals he said he wanted to see were hippos (my favorite!) and giraffes. Well, in the end he ended up wanting to see everything, and loved every minute of it. This was the first big outing where he walked pretty much the entire time and didn't ride in the stroller. Which, by the way, I had the HUGE double stroller and Nicholas was walking and I was wearing Erik in my Sleepy Wrap! I was pushing a stroller full of STUFF! I had one lady walk up to look in the stroller and said, "Oh, twin babies!" and then was shocked to see that there was just a coat, blanket, and some other random items. I had a nice laugh.


One special moment was getting to see the Wrold Series trophy that was on display. Ken did not want to wait in line, because he thought Nicholas would grow impatient and be miserable. Turns out Nicholas saw the white tent it was in, asked me what was in there (I told him the Phillies baseball trophy) and he told me he wanted to go see it! YEAH! So we waited in line (only 15-20 minutes) and got our picture taken. I was very excited! I will definitely be putting that picture in Erik's baby book since he was born the day of the last game (Part One!) when the Phillies won the World Series.

80/365


Here are a few pictures from our special day!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket





1 Response
  1. JBGRIGS Says:

    Looks like so much fun :)