Gisela

Yes, as I mentioned previously...I'm a big James Patterson fan. I don't know what it is about his books, but they suck me in! For those unfamiliar with his books, let me try to explain.


His chapters are SHORT. I'm talking they are two to four pages. This, in my opinion, is a blessing and a curse. A blessing, because if I quickly need to stop and put my book down I can easily do that and not be stuck in the middle of a chapter. (I HATE when that happens!) The curse- well...I like to read at night in bed. And I find myself reading Patterson's books and saying to myself, "Just one more chapter. Ok, just one more. Well, just another quick one." Next thing I know I've read another 100 pages and it is 2:00 in the morning. And remember, I have two young, EARLY RISING, boys. Reading until 2:00 is just NOT a good idea! Well, ok...I do complain about my lack of sleep, but I really do love reading alone at night. It is MY quiet time!


Enough of my rambling here. I thoroughly enjoyed Mary Mary. This is one of the Alex Cross novels, and this one takes place in Los Angeles where there is a serial killer on the loose killing famous stars...specifically mothers. I always try to figure out who the killer is in Patterson's crime novels, but I never seem to! There is always a wrench thrown in! I LOVE IT! It keeps me coming back for more!


Labels: , , edit post
1 Response
  1. Helene Says:

    I read this book a few months ago and I loved it too!! James Patterson is one of my favorite authors!!

    Have you read one of his newer books called "Sail"? That was another page turner! I finished it in 3 days!