Gisela

One Saturday night as I was walking through Barnes & Noble, sipping my Cinnamon Dolce Latte, I was looking for some new books and stumbled upon The Trophy Wives Club by Kristin Billerbeck. I had never heard of Billerbeck, but after reading the back of the book (and being happy with the discounted price tag on the cover) I decided to bring the book home. I'm definitely glad I made that decision!

Billerbeck writes Christian Chick Lit. I did not even know that Christian Chick Lit was a genre! The story is about a woman living in Los Angeles who is suddenly kicked out of her home by her producer husband, who now wants a divorce. She eventually meets a support group at church (The Trophy Wives Club) who help her move on and start her new life. The book moved at a great pace and was an enjoyable read! In fact, I've already ordered the next book in the series!

Labels: , , edit post
2 Responses
  1. Liz Says:

    The premise kind of reminds me of the book "The First Wives' Club," which I read years ago. I had no idea there was a Christian Chick Lit genre either! That counts as my thing learned for this rainy Wednesday. Don't you think Chick Lit as a genre would die were it not for the whole idea of a "man done me wrong?" I think that seems to be the premise of so many chick lit books! I'm not complaining mind you, just commenting. Certainly I've seen many friends go through painful divorces, plus that's a recurring theme online (many blogs) as well. I love to see the hopeful stories. Most of my friends (nearly all) are much stronger today than when the divorce occurred. They're happy, they're thriving. I take a look at the Chicklit power web site and you also see a woman living life on her own terms, after all kinds of twists and turns in her life. The woman, Evinda Lepins (by the way, she has a chicklit book coming out!) chose to learn from her bad childhood of emotional, physical and sexual abuse, even after that resulted in many bad choices and bad relationships. She learned the value of unpacking all the junk that was in her trunk -- and turn from victim to victor. She reminds me, particularly, of a friend of mine who was stunned when her husband wanted out. She, too, had a difficult childhood. And you should see her now!


  2. Helene Says:

    It sounds like a great book...kinda reminds me of that movie First Wives Club with Goldie Hawn, Bette Middler and Diane Keaton!