Gisela
Ok, so I'm not technically 39 weeks until Friday, but my appointment was scheduled for today (38w5d). Baby was taking a nap, and did not like the fact that they were trying to check the heartbeat (140s) so s/he kicked the nurse a few times. My weight didn't change, blood pressure and urine were great. I'm now dilated to 2cm. Guess all those contractions Sunday night did something! 2 down, 8 to go!!! I saw the Physician Assistant today, and she said that she was sending my paperwork up to schedule an induction for between 40 and 41 weeks. Um...NO THANK YOU! I guess they don't realize that my baby doesn't have a calendar in there and is on his/her own schedule. I have an appontment next Tuesday (the 14th- FULL MOON!) with the doctor I really like, so I will let him know that I am refusing to be induced prior to 41 weeks- they can schedule it, but I'm not showing up. At 41 weeks we can revisit the topic, but I'm confident the baby will be here before then.

Oh, and since I didn't post a picture last week here is my 38 1/2 week pic!

3 Responses
  1. JBGRIGS Says:

    You look beautiful. I can't believe how fast your pregnancy has seemed to go by. I am so happy for you and can't wait to see if it's a boy or a girl.

    TTYL
    Brandi from the Maybe This Month Board :)


  2. velezfamily Says:

    good for you, girl! don't get an induction if you can help it! best wishes for a fast delivery:). can't wait to hear about the baby's big arrival...and the gender! fun!


  3. You look great! I'll be anxiously awaiting an announcement from you soon... Best wishes for a peaceful birth.