Gisela
A year?



Yes...a year!



For what you ask?



Well, it has been a year since Nicholas gave up his Nuk. (Pacifier, Binky, or whatever other term you may use.)



Nicholas was HOOKED on his Nuk. It was his comfort item, without a doubt. Towards the end he was mainly using it at naptime, bedtime, or in the car. However, if he found one he'd often just pop it in his mouth. Ken and I decided once Nicholas turned two we'd get rid of the Nuk. However, two weeks after Nicholas' 2nd birthday we were headed to Walt Disney World, and the thought of traveling (by train and plane) and being in an unfamiliar place would be a bit stressful without his comfort item.



Well, he proved us wrong!



We were leaving for Florida on a Saturday, and the Monday before Nicholas gave up his beloved Nuk- cold turkey. Ok, so the truth is it fell out while he was playing and he couldn't find it, and I told him I wasn't looking for it for him. Mean mommy (hey- I *was* pregnant at the time), but he really didn't protest much! The next day he found it (hidden behind the couch) and I simply took it, and we never turned back!



I did hate that so many pictures I tried to take of Nicholas were 'tainted' by him having his Nuk in his mouth, but I knew it wouldn't be forever. This is the last picture I have of him with his Nuk-



Photobucket

Labels: edit post
2 Responses
  1. Emily Says:

    Happy Year Anniversary!!! I thought the passy was permanently attached to Melody's lips but she gave it up cold turkey too! It is nice to have the pictures "ruined" because of it! lol


  2. hey, you totally inspired my recipe today. Come check it out! (And thanks for a great idea!)

    -Sara