Gisela
It has been brought to my attention (thanks, Mom) that I have no updated my most recent books I've read. I apologize!

Book number thirteen was Midwives by Chris Bohjalian. This story is about a midwife who is put on trial after a patient of hers dies during childbirth. The midwife, wanting to save the life of the baby, performs an emergency cesarean section on the mother. The question is raised- was the mother actually dead, or did she die as a result of the surgery.
While I enjoyed the book and thought it was interesting, I also felt it moved very slowly and dragged on a bit long. I did enjoy that the story was told through the point of view of the midwife's daughter, as well as having excepts from the midwife's journal.

Labels: , , edit post
4 Responses
  1. Dana Says:

    I really liked this booK!


  2. Dana Says:

    can I have the towel?


  3. Helene Says:

    It sounds like a really good read! Thanks for sharing!


  4. I read that book several years ago. I remember staying up late and just reading "one more page..."