Gisela
I can't believe it is September already? It seems the older I get, the faster time flies by! This weekend is Labor Day weekend, the unofficial end to summer. We will be going to a BBQ on Saturday and a crab feast on Sunday, so we'll be wrapping up this summer season with some good food and good friends.


We did not take any vacation this summer. Ken and I only made it down the shore for one weekend, but the boys did get to go a few times with Opa and Nana. We've just had lots going on! And this fall is looking busy as well- birthday parties (including Erik's FIRST birthday), bridal showers, weddings, and of course trips to the pumpkin patch. I love fall- it is by far my most favorite season. I love waking up to cool, crisp weather- throwing on a pair of jeans, a warm sweater, and comfy boots. I love the apples that are in season...eating warm, homemade apple pie (made by my husband, NOT me), delicious pumpkin pie (this one *I* make), and all the other delicious treats.


So, although summer is coming to an end I am looking forward to the changing colors and cooler weather that fall will bring. This week Mother Nature seems to have realized that September is here- we already have cooler temps that have allowed me to turn off the air conditioning and open my windows. It is WONDERFUL!


Labels: , edit post
1 Response
  1. Upstatemamma Says:

    The fall is most certainly on its way. I am usually very excited for fall but with the fall almost here that means my little man starts school - next Tuesday. I am not ready :(